VP of Engineering
Chorley | Competitive Salary + Equity + WFH Fridays
At PPC Protect, we’re turning the ugly world of online advertising on its head. We’re on a mission to make advertising honest, transparent, unobtrusive and free of fraud. For too long advertising has been none of these things, but we know there is a different, better way things can be done.
We’re here to block those bad ads that seem to follow you all over the place, to eliminate those ads that cause unsuspecting users to download malware and to cut off the second largest funding source of organised criminal gangs – ad fraud.
We’re looking for a VP of Engineering to help us in this mission as we continue our impressive scale and growth. This is a role that is highly technically challenging and provides opportunities to scale a team & solve previously unsolved problems that impact every user on the internet.
As part of our senior leadership team you will report directly to the CTO & CEO, and be responsible for a growing team of software developers. Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Develop strategic technical visions, architecture & processes to help engineering contribute to product development
- Plan & build the engineering team’s capabilities
- Develop the 2-3 year vision for the team, and translate this in to viable 6-12 month roadmaps alongside our larger leadership team
- Build an engineering employee brand – We’re looking for people who can speak on panels, encourage Open Source contributions, organise hackathons and write accessible content about our technology, architecture and usage
- Continually collaborate between engineering and other departments as we continue to scale & grow
- Dealing with the nitty-gritty technical side of things with writing new code, organising code reviews and developing our product offering
What You Need
This is a senior level position, and as such you’ll need the experience to match. However, that doesn’t mean a set number of years – it means working in a fast paced, fast scaling engineering environment and showing true innovation.
Here’s the specific skills we’re looking for:
- Fantastic knowledge of the AWS stack
- Advanced knowledge of PHP development
- Experience in managing & leading a development team
- A naturally effective communicator who can take complex technical concepts and turn them in to straightforward ideas that your grandparents can understand
- A passion for software development and solving the unsolvable.
Above all else, an ambitious attitude with a true passion for solving difficult technical challenges is paramount.
What We Offer
- An opportunity to work with a rapidly scaling platform processing billions of data points per month
- The chance to join a high-growth company at an early stage
- The ability to really put your stamp on the future of our product development, and the future of internet advertising itself
- Investment in you as a brand – We’ll pay for you to attend conferences, panels, speaking events etc to grow your presence
- Competitive pay and company equity
- Flexible working hours (we start any time from 7am-10am)
- Work from home every Friday (100% work from home during COVID-19)
To apply, simply send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org along with an answer to this question:
“What is currently the biggest threat to a free & open internet?”
This position can be sponsored for a work visa if applicants do not currently have the right to live & work in the UK.
No recruitment agencies or contractors at this time please.
PPC Protect provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.