Software Engineering Lead (JS, PHP, AWS)
Remote | £55k-£60k + Excellent Benefits + Equity Stake
At PPC Protect, we’re turning the ugly world of online advertising on its head. We’re on a mission to make advertising honest, transparent, unobtrusive and free of fraud. For too long advertising has been none of these things, but we know there is a different, better way things can be done.
We’re here to block those bad ads that seem to follow you all over the place, to eliminate those ads that cause unsuspecting users to download malware and to cut off the second largest funding source of organised criminal gangs – ad fraud.
We’re looking for a software engineering lead to help us in this mission as we continue our impressive scale and growth. This is a role that is highly technically challenging and provides opportunities to build innovative solutions that solve previously unsolved problems which impact every user on the internet.
What you’ll be doing
Here’s a snapshot of the types of responsibilities this role involves:
- Developing highly scalable user-facing SaaS solutions and administrative dashboards
- Managing AWS server configurations
- Working with & optimising extremely large data sets
- Working directly with the CTO to implement effective workflows, processes and planning strategies
- Contributing to internal product roadmaps and liaising with the product team in relation to these
What you’ll Need
You’ll need to be comfortable working in a team, and have a genuine passion for software development. Here’s our specific requirements:
- Excellent working knowledge and commercial experience of AWS
- Minimum 5 years of software development experience
- Comprehensive understanding of Vue (developers with React & Angular experience also considered)
- Comprehensive understanding of Laravel or another PHP framework
- Experience of managing within a software development team
- A solid understanding of software design and able to actively participate in technical discussions at a high level
- Evidence of having played a leading or senior role in commercially deployed software, or the drive & willingness to do so
What we’d Like
They’re not “require required”, but it would be great if you could bring these skills:
- A relevant or analytical degree (Computer Science, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics etc)
- Experience of developing a SaaS product that has operated at reasonable scale
- Experience in working with Node.js
- Experience of working with application performance monitoring or infrastructure monitoring tools
- An interest in data visualisation
Who we are:
Founded in 2016, PPC Protect is working to disrupt the ad fraud and ad verification space as one of the UK’s most exciting technology startups. Our platform offers advertisers the first real-time protection against fraudulent advertising activity, offering the first truly effective solution to the industry’s $50bn per year problem.
What we offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Equity stake in a rapidly growing company
- 32 days paid holiday per year
- Flexible working schedule
- Huge room for progression – get in on the ground floor of the next big startup
- A remote software development environment (maximum one office day per 2 weeks for meetings & catchups)
- Occasional opportunities for international travel if desired
No recruitment agencies or contractors at this time please.
PPC Protect provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.