Who is PPC Protect…
Founded in 2016, PPC Protect is working to disrupt the ad fraud and ad verification space as one of the UK’s most exciting technology startups. Our platform offers advertisers the first real-time protection against fraudulent advertising activity, offering the first truly effective solution to the industry’s $50bn per year problem. We recently completed our oversubscribed seed funding round, and are supported & backed by the same VCs and accelerators as hypergrowth companies like Just-Eat, Revolut, Starling Bank, OnBuy, Skyscanner & more.
- Work from anywhere: Our office, your home, or a beach in the sun, the choice is yours – we’re now a fully flexible working environment.
- Fully flexible hours: Fit your work around your life, not the other way round!
- £1,500 home office budget: Stop using stacked cardboard boxes or the kitchen table as a desk. We’ll pay to furnish your office space for you.
- 32 days holiday: You’ll work hard at PPC Protect, but you’ll be rewarded with plenty of time to recharge.
- £1,000/year for personal development: Training courses, professional certifications, new language skills… If anything will progress your development, we’ll pay for it.
- £500/year wellbeing allowance: Meditation services, mental health support, days away to relax & unwind, we’ll cover it up to £500/year
- Climate Positive Workforce: Through our own Reforestation program and partnership with Ecologi, we ensure that we offset the CO2 emissions of every employee who works for PPC Protect, every month 🌱
Due to our rapid growth, we’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our growing team and help build the next generation of ad fraud prevention tools. We strongly believe in the overall growth and continued development of each new hire. In joining the Development team at PPC Protect, you join a community that believes in development and promotion from within. As a rapidly expanding business, there is a high degree of opportunity for progression, creativity, and ownership
You will report directly to our CTO and assist him with managing the workflow, stand-ups and project tracking of our full stack web development processes.
What you’ll be doing…
Here’s a list of some of the jobs you’ll be expected to fulfil, although as a start-up it’s likely you’ll get exciting opportunities not listed here.
- Developing highly scalable user-facing SaaS solutions and administrative dashboards
- Working directly with the CTO to implement effective workflows, processes and planning strategies
- Contributing to internal product roadmaps and liaising with the product team in relation to these
- Building exciting new platform features to be used by our ever-growing userbase
- Working with significant data sets to optimise for speed and performance
- Integrating third party APIs (e.g. Google Ads API) to provide additional functionality within the platform for end users
The Skills/Experience we’re after…
You’ll need to be comfortable working remotely, and have a genuine passion for software engineering. Here’s our specific requirements:
- Strong commercial experience as a Software Engineer (ideally 4+ years experience)
- Strong commercial experience working with Laravel
- Comprehensive understanding of VueJS (ideally) or React
- Strong HTML5 & CSS skills
- Experience working in a start-up environment (ability to understand start-up business priorities and a grasp of the high-level reasoning behind these priorities)
A real nice to have…
They’re not “require required”, but it would be great if you could bring these skills:
- Experience of working with a SaaS product that has operated at reasonable scale
- An understanding of NodeJS and AWS
- An interest in Data Visualisation
No recruitment agencies or contractors at this time please. Any speculative CVs will be treated as gifts!
PPC Protect provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.