Who is PPC Protect…
Founded in 2016, PPC Protect is working to disrupt the ad fraud and ad verification space as one of the UK’s most exciting technology startups. Our platform offers advertisers the first real-time protection against fraudulent advertising activity, offering the first truly effective solution to the industry’s $50bn per year problem. We recently completed our oversubscribed seed funding round, and are supported & backed by the same VCs and accelerators as hypergrowth companies like Just-Eat, Revolut, Starling Bank, OnBuy, Skyscanner & more.
- Electric Car Allowance: Work on a hybrid model with 3 days a week at our Chorley HQ, and we'll pay for you to have a brand new electric car!
- Hybrid working: Our office, your home, or whatever works for you - we think the 5 days a week in the office mindset is well and truly dead.
- Fully flexible hours: Adjust your schedule to fit around your out of work commitments.
- £1,500 home office budget: Stop using stacked cardboard boxes or the kitchen table as a desk. We’ll pay to furnish your office space for you.
- 32 days holiday: You’ll work hard at PPC Protect, but you’ll be rewarded with plenty of time to recharge.
- £1,000/year for personal development: Training courses, professional certifications, new language skills… If anything will progress your development, we’ll pay for it.
- £500/year wellbeing allowance: Meditation services, mental health support, days away to relax & unwind, we’ll cover it up to £500/year.
- Climate Positive Workforce: Through our own Reforestation program and partnership with Ecologi, we ensure that we offset the CO2 emissions of every employee who works for PPC Protect, every month 🌱
- Private Medical Insurance: Accessible through our wellbeing budget programme.
We're looking for talented and curious Python Software Engineers to help build the next generation of ad fraud prevention tools. You will report directly to our CTO and assist him with managing the workflow, stand-ups and project tracking of our software engineering processes.
What you’ll be doing...
Here’s a list of some of the jobs you’ll be expected to fulfil, although as a scale-up it’s likely you’ll get exciting opportunities not listed here.
- Developing highly scalable server-less backend solutions to provide business critical data to our growing client base.
- Working directly with the CTO to implement effective workflows, processes and planning strategies.
- Contributing to internal product roadmaps and liaising with the product team in relation to these. Building exciting new platform features to be used by our ever-growing user base.
- Working with significant data sets to optimise for speed and performance.
- Integrating third party APIs (e.g. Google Ads API) to provide additional functionality within the platform for end users.
The Skills / Experience we're after...
- Good commercial experience writing well-designed, high-quality, enterprise-scale production code using Python.
- Good understanding of Network Services
- Experience with Relational Database Systems
- Great attitude and technical curiosity - a love to analyse complex technical challenges to anticipate risks, technical gaps and potential issues.
- Knowledge of AWS and associated technologies
It would be advantageous to have...
- Working experience with AWS
- Previous experience constructing serverless applications
- Understanding of tools such as Laravel and VueJS
- Working knowledge of various monitoring and testing tools
- API Development experience (REST)
No recruitment agencies or contractors at this time please. Any speculative CVs will be treated as gifts!
PPC Protect provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.